Thursday, May 27, 2010

Daddy Long Leg

Grace comes running into the kitchen today exclaiming "I found a new spider pet and he needs a home. Look, he's so cute!" She then proceeds to release the spider from her fingers and allows it to climb all over her hand and arm. I'm just in shock. This girl is not afraid of bugs, but to actually catch a spider and not get creeped out by all those legs crawling all over your skin... it blows my mind. I proceeded to quickly explain how spiders die when you bring them inside and gave her an empty planter pot to make the spider a home in. Luckily Grace decided spiders love to swim, and he drowned in her "pool". Well according to her he's just sleeping.

Another quick story. My mom is visiting and wanted to watch the final episode of Grey's Anatomy. I was sucked in while Grace quietly ate cereal at the table (and could see the t.v.) I should of never let her watch the episode. There was a crazy guy in the hospital shooting people. I know; I was rivited and she was being so good... and she never said anything about it. That is until a week later. Today my Mom heard her tell a friend "Let's play there's a shooter in the hospital." That is a parenting low point :(

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love hearing about you and your cute little kids. We obviously still have your Xactware sweatshirt. Hope all is well. My cousin and his family just moved to Harvest Hills. Jeff and Wendy pope. Have a great time with your mom.

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

I'm in shock about the spider. I'm not sure I would have reacted so well. You're a great mother!

The Hall Clan said...

At least she didn't say, "Let's play there's a shooter in the hospital--then lets play DOCTOR!"
things could always be worse---

Darn those quiet kids---you think they are just being good, but they are really getting into trouble or observing things they shouldn't