Sunday, February 7, 2010

January, Time to Throw Up

The title of this blog was inspired by my family's recent sickness, but lets also give credit to this dreaded thing we live in called Winter. Give it up already! We all know that life sucks when you are sick, but sympathy and empathy are quite different. I got a little reminder in January.

First Chad had strep throat and maybe the flu. He took 3 days off of work which is unheard of. Then poor Grace threw up for nearly 4 days, then Kate, then me. Then I tested positive for strep, but I didn't even have a bad sore throat yet so I crossed my fingers...and I didn't get that. Instead I was blessed with diarrhea, and since I didn't know how to spell diarrhea, I learned from Wikipedia that this horrible thing I had was the "condition of having frequent loose or liquid bowel movements." Ya right. This is a somewhat personal topic, but I am sharing this because I have never experienced anything like it in my life. To those that I have made fun of because of your frequent diarrhea I apologize. Chad came home from work that day as I was "unavailable" for the kids.

Which leads me to the uplifting part of my ranting message. Being married is awesome. To those people who say marriage isn't really necessary anymore and want to be all independent, I say marriage (when you really believe it to be a binding promise) is as cool as James Bond (or insert other cool thing.) I couldn't think of anything that is cooler than marriage. No matter how gross I get someone is there. When my kids are crying again someone is there. When you don't know where the throw up bucket is someone is there. You share everything, good and bad, and it makes the experience better. I am so thankful for my family.

Poor Chad got strep again in February, so I am posting this to make a statement that we are now done being sick in our household.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That is really sweet. For better and worse right.. and really the worse makes us stronger!

The Hall Clan said...

Hi Angie--it's Kami. My Chad gave me your blog so I could see your hubby's bottom (purple and all). Please tell me you slapped it. I wouldn't be able to resist. Chad is either an easy bruiser, or really clumsy. And dude, it totally bites to use so much vacation in January!! We did that a couple of years ago.
Well I'm happy to have your blog, so now I can stalk your fam. Those kiddos are too cute---especially Kate and those eyes...love them. our blog is chadandkami.blogspot.com

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

What a nice sentiment(the last part at least). I hope everyone's feeling better!

crazywildberry said...

January to February were hard months for my family too. Everyone got sick but me. It was two weeks of week stomachs, two weeks off, then three weeks of walking pneumonia. Glad Spring is here.