Monday, July 21, 2008

It's a Girl!

I went back to the mall and got a free ultrasound which confirmed we are having a girl. I'm unpacking the pink butterfly stuff and packing up the boy clothes for another time :)

I was at 7 peaks waterpark Friday and saw two sisters in matching swimsuits and french braids and got a little soft spot in my heart for girls, plus Chad is so sweet with Grace. Every night he climbs into bed with her and tells her two short stories. They usually involve dragons and the beach. Tonight she made a random request for stories about Grandpa Randy. Chad of course told a tale of fishing and swimming with the fish, and the other was about a tennis match where she amazed Grandpa by acing him, proving she was a tennis prodigy.

Just an update on my pregnancy... I feel great now and am due Nov. 10th. At my last appointment the Dr. commented "You've gained 6 lbs since your last visit, so you may want to just watch that." To add insult to injury the cashier at the grocery store asked how far along I was and then said her daughter was due around the same time but was quite a bit smaller. Where are these people coming from? I have put on about 30 lbs so far, and still have 16 weeks to go. Oops. I'm over it and enjoying my pregnancy. It is so nice to not suck it in and just enjoy!

4 comments:

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Don't you worry about what rude people say to you! You're a beautiful pregnant lady. I only wish I could have been so cute when I was prego! Having 2 girls will be a blessing. You will love dressing them the same, and they will be so cute together.
Mel

Kliss said...

Another girl, are you sure Chad is a Francis? He is defying the odds. Congratulations! It will be lots of fun (& drama!) to have two little girls. I do envy the dresses. I say not having to suck it in is the best part about being pregnant, so enjoy! You do look really cute.

Emily said...

I can't believe you are having a girl after all! I think that is so much fun though. It will be great for Grace to have a sister close to her in age. I agree with Mel and Kliss - you look great!

Harris Beach Bums said...

What a crazy story about the ultrasounds. Girls are really fun. Some dr.s just need to get a clue . . . you look fantastic!