Friday, March 28, 2008

Baby #2

I'm so excited to be expecting baby #2! We found out I was pregnant at the end of February, so it's been really hard to not say anything. I wanted to go to the Dr. to hear the heartbeat first. I'm starting my 10th week and am already showing, (exhibit A - birthday photo posted below). When I told people at church they said "I thought you were." I even had someone ask me if I was pregnant when I was 6 weeks along and not showing. You think people would be smarter. I'm convinced I am pregnant with twins because I'm pretty sick this time (last time I was not) and am showing a lot (I guess you do show more with each pregnancy.) Clomed only increases the chance of twins 10% but heres to hoping! I really want a boy this time, but I took Emma and Grace to the pool the other day and they were so cute with each other, which made me think a girl would be great too. I'm due October 25th (Amy's due August 18th) fun!

I wanted to surprise Chad with the news. Chad was present while I took 3 pregnancy tests which all looked negative to us. One was in Mexico on vacation, and I think it was just too early. The other ones were dollar store tests where the line didn't appear until after 5 minutes and I didn't think it was even a line. Let me rephrase that by saying Chad convinced me it was negative (he was too worried.) This is a little package Amy and I had the UPS man make up after I took my 4th and definitely positive test. We personally delivered it to his work front desk.



4 comments:

Kliss said...

HOORAY!!! Matt has been predicting that you are pregnant and he hasn't even seen you. I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations! Sorry you are sick though, I can relate. I didn't know about Amy either so fun for both of you. I love how you told Chad, it got me a little teared up. As for already showing, I think one of the best parts about being pregnant is not having to suck in the gut. Be proud of the belly. Oh! I am so excited for you. Thanks for the great news and I will now end the worlds longest comment.

Kristee and Jared said...

Congrats guy! So happy for you! Let me know when I can take Grace so you can just rest and be sick without worrying about her. Here's to hoping it's twins! :)

lrix said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I just had to leave you a comment I was so excited for you. Grace will love to have a real baby to play with. Lacey

Emily said...

Holy Cow!!! I don't check your blog for a few days and this is what happens. Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and Chad. I'm like Kliss, I didn't know Amy was preggers too - how fun!! I hope you start feeling better soon.