Thursday, December 20, 2007

Boredom leads to Creativity

While I was talking on the phone, Grace pulled on my leg and showed me her snow boots. I ignored her. She then put 1 on by herself (a skill never done thus far). I continued chatting and a few minutes later, found her in the toy basket with a snow hat on asking to go outside. Guess we should put on some pants first.






Grace has become a handful recently. I see a new determination in her to discover and do more. She puts up a fight everytime I try to get her in the high chair. Instead she will get on the barstool where I always eat and request yogurt. Yesterday she dipped her head in the toilet and ran out with a huge smile like "Mom, check me out." She broke a Santa decoration, a tree ornament and a serving plate while Chad was watching her recently. I got mad at Chad and told him maybe if he watched her she would find other things to do. Then on my clock she drew in pen on the couch and used a yellow highlighter to color her clothes. Ooops. Yesterday I heard a 3 year old boy I was watching say "Wow. Baby! Crazy baby, How did you do that?" I walked in to find Grace on top of her toy kitchen gripping the top of the window trim to maybe climb the walls? She then proceeded to arch her back and say "whooo" to pretend fall. I did NOT take a picture of this because it eggs her on. She also tells me when she needs to go poo, so I put her on a training toilet, but she just uses it as a step stool to the real toilet. This is where I can't complain though; She poos on the toilet. (sometimes) I was going to post the pictures but Chad assured me no one needs a visual. It's so funny how excited you get about that.

2 comments:

Emily said...

She is so funny. Her head in the toilet? You do have your hands full. It sounds like you also have a potty training prodigy. Good for you, I hope she keeps it up.

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

I agree with Emily. She's a prodigy! How funny that her cute little personality is really starting to shine!
Mel