Thursday, November 1, 2007

I finally figured out my new camera!!

So I fell off the wagon with blogging. I got a new camera which we were "testing out" until I dropped it and scratched the video screen. Guess it's a keeper! Grrr. My parents also arrived from Mexico a few weeks ago and we've been out on the town. Here are a few highlights...

HALLOWEEN - We really underestimated how much a baby wants to trick or treat. Grace loved all the kids coming to our door, but once a little girl came that looked like Emma, she needed to go outside to follow her. We went to a few houses and she enjoyed carrying her pumpkin basket with a treat in it, but when she received a sucker she was ready to head home for some sticky fun.

We have horses across the street that Grace loves to feed, (actually the donkey is the only one who will eat the weeds we offer) so it was really fun to see Grace go to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point to see the animals. My Mom's holding Grace while my Dad makes her crack a smile.

Her favorite part was the pony ride


Playing Peek-A-Boo


She liked jail so much, licking the iron bars was a delight.

Grace loves trains. We hear lots of them blow their horn as they pass by our house... (How did we not notice this when we picked our home?) So I thought she would really enjoy a train ride which was confirmed by her smiles and pointing as we passed the train. I guess during the 20 minute wait for the ride she lost her enthusiasm. I tried to recapture the mood as we pulled away from the "train station", but the tears started to flow. The nice girl sitting next to us was quite photogenic though.


Slowing down... she loved playing in the balls, but started to get sleepy
I loved that they had mini blow up toys for the toddlers. Grace is very good at taking care of babies. She recently set her baby doll on the end table and waved "night night" and walked away.
Grace couldn't quite figure out how to escape this one. Maybe I should have helped her before the whole tent caved in from her trying to get out through the netting.

3 comments:

Kliss said...

I am glad your back in business. Grace is the cutest. Whenever anyone asks Zack where his baby is (all of his friends have baby brothers and sisters) he says, "Do you know Gracie?" That's as good as it is going to get for him so I hope you don't mind.

Harris Beach Bums said...

Happy to see some new posts! Grace is like a little doll. I would crop and blow up that peek-a-boo picture. So cute!

Emily said...

Hooray, you're back! Love all the pictures. Grace licking the iron bars in jail was my personal favorite. So gross, but such a kid thing to do.