Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Welcome home Lia

August 24th, 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 in





I was induced. I got a call from the hospital at 5AM asking for us to arrive at 6. I got on the pitocin at 7:45 and had her at 2:45. I got an epidural when I was only dilated to a 2. I felt lame, but the contractions were starting to be more intense and closer than 3 minutes apart. I learned from Jake's induction that how far I'm dilated does not correlate with how hard the contractions are. Once I got the epidural they broke my water. I went from a 2 to a 10 in 2 hours. No pushing again. I'm so happy that she has arrived. She's a good baby and eats and sleeps like a healthy newborn. I'm tired, but all is well. Chad is a big help, and I love that he works from home...although I'm not sure he likes it.

Grace loves Lia and helps me out a lot. She is in afternoon kindergarten so in the morning I have all 4 at home (3 under 3). In the afternoon Grace goes to school, Jake and Kate nap, and so far Lia sleeps some too. It's heaven! Jake and Kate ignore Lia for the most part. They held her once and Lia flailed her arms around and they both whined and said she was hitting them. They love to put their head in her face and say "hi" and they love to chat with me while I feed Lia. They have adjusted well. Did I mention I have a full stock of popsicles, suckers and gum :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

You sound like life is blissful! I am so happy for you. Wow our 9 seems like so many! Congratulations on your little baby! So so great. Again, she look like she belongs to the family. I would love to catch up sometime.

Kristee and Jared said...

Oh, she is so sweet. I can't wait to meet her! Glad things are going well.