Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Water Party

If only my camera was working. Grace, Kate and her friend decided to have a water party today... in Grace's bedroom. I knew something was up. It had been over an hour and no drama. I decided to enjoy my time and pay the price later. I then heard Grace chatting with her friend.

Shayne: What should we say?
Grace: We should tell the truth.

The kids come down all soaking wet in swimsuits. Kate was especially cute in Grace's swimsuit wrapped around her neck twice to keep it on.

Grace: Mom, we got wet from a water party.
Me: Go upstairs right now. I'm coming up to talk to you.

It turns out she had a bucket and they each took a turn filling it up from the bathroom sink and dumping it on each others heads. They laid a Dora nylon tent on the floor to cover the carpet. Nice! In the end it worked out ok. Water can dry, and hey, everyone needs a little water party in the winter.

An awesome side note: Kate had a poopy diaper. Grace took it off and wiped her with toilet paper, then put on her swimsuit. So who knows, maybe there's a little pee in the carpet too. FUN!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

OH NO!!! Well, I'm glad they put down a tent for the water, at least! Oh gee....KIDS!

Mardie said...

That's hilarious. I love how Grace told Shayne that they should tell the truth. What a great story for your kids to remember later in life. :)

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Bwahahahaha!!! Oh my. YOu are wayyyy more patient than me. Good thinking to put down the tent though. I'm sure it helped a whole lot.