Saturday, November 7, 2009

He's finally here!

Jake was born at 9:45PM Wednesday the 4th and weighed 6lbs, 10oz, 20 inches long. I am so proud that he is our biggest baby! The delivery was bad the first half. I was induced and put on pitocin which made the contractions hard. Once I had the epidural I only took 45 minutes to dialate from a 5 to a 10. I literally pushed twice and he was out. Chad reminds me I have "easy" labors because of his small headed genes. I really enjoyed the hospital stay (pain meds and nursery for the baby at night), but was happy to come home on Friday. My Mom and Dad are here for a few weeks and Chad, Amy and Bonnie have all helped too, so I'm loving life right now!

5 comments:

Mardie said...

Oh!!! He is SO cute! I'm so excited to meet him in person. Hugs to you!

Kristee and Jared said...

What a cutie!! Can't wait to get over to see him. If you guys need anything, let me know.

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Nice blanket:-) He's adorable! I wish we could come see him. Congrats!

Emily said...

Oh, I am so happy for you. He is adorable. I love that you have 2 girls and a baby boy, they will be so helpful.. we love you guys.

Amy said...

He is darling! Fits right in. Grace looks so grown up too. Hope things are still going well. Someday when we both get it together we'll have to connect.